Gypsy Faerie and Sunsets

I made a vow a long time ago to embrace life in all it's mystical, magical, beautiful, frightening, difficult and even mundane glory. I honestly don't know what I would do if I suddenly lost one of my senses. Anyway, this is where I plan to post thoughts, poems, pictures and links of things in my life that touch me.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

I am the typical Pisces - oversensitive almost to the point of being psychic, touched a great deal by life experiences.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chains of Events
Current mood: contemplative
Category: Life

Boomshine Chain
Hello, to whoever reads what I write. I apologize for not posting for a while. Sometimes, my mind is so full of thoughts, I find it difficult to organize them so I can put them down on paper. Unfortunately, unlike many people, writing my thoughts down doesn't help make organizing them any easier.

Anyway, something occurred to me when I was playing a little flash game called "Boomshine". It's nothing much, just a little Flash game in which coloured dots float on the screen, and you have to click in the right spot in order to touch the dots and make enough of them explode to fulfill the requirements to get to the next level. It's really random. You don't have any control over where the dots move. It's lovely though, when the screen is full of coloured bubbles.

What occured to me as I was playing this game, is that it's a lot like life. I know that sounds ridiculous but it really is. The purpose of one's life is to touch as many people as possible, to make that gorgeous picture. Sometimes, just like in life, when a whole bunch of the bubbles explode at the same time, the Flash memory is overwhelmed and the game slows right down. Eventually, though, it starts back up again, and you resume touching people, changing them, and in the process, changing yourself. You never know how the pattern will turn out; it's different every time.

I recently got back in touch with an old friend of mine that I hadn't spoken to for fifteen years. When I met him, we spent a total of ten days in each other's company before going our separate ways, and we haven't seen each other since. How is it that even in these circumstances, I feel as if I can talk to him about anything, even now? How can that strong of a connection still exist?

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if he and I had made an attempt to keep in better contact and spend more time together. I don't think that it would be a good idea to do that these days; it might be too disruptive to his life and mine. My life is good now; but sometimes, you can't help but wonder what might have been.

Peace to all

Jillian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home